Writers aren't exactly people, they're a lot of people trying to be one person. F.Scott Fitzgerald

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thinking before speaking.

       I have no governor on my mouth much of the time.My brain thinks it and words spew forth at an alarming rate.Most of the time it turns out okay. But occasionally I hurt people I care about even though I think in the moment I am helping. I speak observations better left unsaid and push buttons better left un-pushed. I tell myself I am helping and they needed to be said.Why?Well because they don't realize they need help,right?
      or maybe it's because I like to hear myself talk and it makes me feel wise and important. I truly mean no harm and am contrite when called on the carpet by a friend. I am sorry for the words that make people feel uncomfortable,but words are arrows that can't be reclaimed until they strike a target.Hopefully,I learned a lesson today and will think before I speak.

1 comment:

Lunadude said...

At this point, I'd say acknowledging the tendency, is about all you can do.

Love ya.