Writers aren't exactly people, they're a lot of people trying to be one person. F.Scott Fitzgerald

Saturday, May 4, 2013

LIFE IS WHAT WE CHOOSE TO MAKE IT OR BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!

     I CONSIDER MYSELF A VERY FORTUNATE WOMAN.I AM 69 YEARS OLD,MY HEALTH IS GOOD AND I AM INDEPENDENT and MOST OF THE TIME I AM VERY HAPPY.MY CHILDREN ARE ALL GROWN AND ARE DOING WELL.
   ALL IN ALL, I have very few complaints.I suppose if I could change anything in my life ,I would choose to be younger and look like I did when I was in my twenties.There are times when I get lonely and miss being married and having  a houseful of kids,dogs and cats.
   Strange isn't it that when we have all of those things ,we so often wish we had something else,something more,something different.
    Well, I got my wish and one day,I woke up,at least it seemed like it happened that quickly, and my husband was gone and my children were all grown.
   I realized then that I had the best of both worlds and now I was all alone and being alone was not much fun,it was merely lonely. I had my independence,my own apartment and a job that I loved.
What I did not have was someone waiting for me to come home,someone to give me a hug when I needed it and a strong shoulder to cry on when I was stressed out, sad,or generally unhappy.
      There was no one waiting for me,no one to talk to and cuddle with at night.
I survived and I am fine most of the time,but there are those times when I look back and regret that I did not treasure and nurture all that I had.
 If I could go back in time,knowing then what I know now,I would have made different choices and thanked God for giving me a wonderful husband,healthy children and a house full of love. The moral of this story ,if there is a moral,or maybe just a warning to savor every moment and be thankful everyday for the people in your life and the joy and love they give you and the love that you give them in return.

No comments: