Writers aren't exactly people, they're a lot of people trying to be one person. F.Scott Fitzgerald

Monday, July 19, 2010

Be careful what you wish for.

       Have you ever wished for something and gotten it only to realize it wasn't what you really wanted? A home by the ocean only to have everything gone in a hurricane. The speedy little sports car only to be injured in a one car crash. My wish was to be retired and alone to do whatever I wanted.Watch movies,read,shop,perfect my woodcarving skills and write novels. I suppose I should have been more specific: The retirement wish should have included, good health,enough money to pay for all of my needs, and some of my wants.  Write GREAT  novels that are loved by a wonderful agent who wants to represent my work and sells to a popular publishing house here they become, popular for years,and  make money.
      I got my wish to be retired after four work related injuries. I now get by with social security checks and hope my novels will be published and sell eventually. Oh and I am living with my daughter and her family now. Guess I should have mentioned the alone part was to be in my own home and not in a bedroom in one of my children's homes. At least they love me( for now).However, I was thinking more along the lines of a cozy cottage in Ireland or at least in a little cottage close to my children. Damn,should have been more specific.However,I am fortunate I stopped wishing before things became much,much worse.
       Read the Monkey's Paw when you get the chance. There is no such animal as the perfect wish!

No comments: