Writers aren't exactly people, they're a lot of people trying to be one person. F.Scott Fitzgerald

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Not my usual lighthearted,tongue in cheek, post.

         Sharon drove me back to Sulphur,La. today. Good to see my family and my wonderful granddaughter again,but I will sorely miss having my best friends to talk to. My closet friends are in Texas, so I am torn between my  friends,Sharon,Sandy,Mark, and Mary's company, and my family.
       My question is who do you confide in the most?Husband,wife,best friend,your dog, a random stranger held captive for a brief moment in time or the guy on the street corner holding a will work for food but prefer money sign? If you must choose between family, by blood or marriage, and a family of friends you have chosen and to whom you confide all your secrets, who would you choose to be with the majority of the time?
        Seems like a no brainer doesn't it? But,is it? What if no one was left alive who knew you when you were growing up? Would you feel like an orphan? It hits me at random moments,that is precisely what I am now. One shouldn't outlive parents,grandparents,aunts ,uncles,majority of cousins, siblings and one of their children.Is it a gift to be able to see them all at the end of their lives or a curse to out live them all?
        Life is hard and rarely fair,but the alternative is not something I care to rush into.Ahh well, I suppose I have been morose long enough.Tomorrow I will undoubtedly return to my lighthearted, hopefully entertaining posts.  Maybe I'll talk about books,recipes, list my favorite sexy men in the movies or tell a funny story. Check back and see.

No comments: