Writers aren't exactly people, they're a lot of people trying to be one person. F.Scott Fitzgerald

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Taking a break from writing.

I'm tired today. Maybe tired is the wrong word,perhaps I should use the word,lazy. Much more appropriate for a day where I did very little writing. Actually,I have done no revisions on my newest novel in weeks.I'm calling it a break. It took me over a year to write it and think I just need a break from it and the characters. How long should  a break be. Two weeks,two months,a year? There is no set time for a break. Maybe three to ten years might be a bit much,but whatever works for a writer is all that matters.I'm not sure I would be able to muster a lot of enthusiasm for a book I'd written so long ago. Or maybe I would return to it with fresh new eyes and create a masterpiece. I prefer to focus on the latter. Happy writing.

No comments: