Writers aren't exactly people, they're a lot of people trying to be one person. F.Scott Fitzgerald

Friday, April 15, 2011

Guilty Pleasures!

       Okay,I'll admit it,I have more than one guilty pleasure. First,I buy way too many "What if Pride and Prejudice books on Amazon. I fell in love with Matthew MacFadyen and his portrayal of Mr.Darcy in the movie Pride &Prejudice.I buy any DVD with him in it.
       He is the consconsummateMr.Darcy.Gorgeous,haughty,aloof,misunderstood and painfully shy
 My second guilty pleasure is Nestles Symphony bars with toffee and almond chips. I buy the big ones. I lie in bed reading one of the Darcy books and  munch on a bar until the wee hours of the morning.
     My next guilty pleasure,I said I was going to admit I had more than one,so hear me out. Pretend you are my therapist,not that I have a therapist,well not anymore.that's a long story,you see....well I digress. back to my guilty pleasures.I love Popeye's spicy fried chicken.I know it isn't any healthier than the candy but,I don't indulge often and I do eat a green salad with apple slices and a biscuit with honey and butter along with it.Hey that's all the major food groups.
    The next guilty pleasure is Spam and Miracle Whip sandwiches. Hey, don't knock it until you try it. Spam is merely chopped pork compressed into a can.There is even a song by Monty Python about Spam.
      Now don't  get get offended about my next guilty pleasure.I call them Crack Cookies,because they are absolutely addictive. They are large soft vanilla cookies iced with butter creme frosting and candy sprinkles.The color of the icing various holiday seasons.Green for St. Patrick's Day,pink blue ,yellow for Easter and so on.These cookies taste like birthday cake.They can be found year round at many grocery stores,HEB,Kroger and Wal-Mart.
     The last guilty pleasure I will admit to,not that I don't harbor several more,is diet Pepsi. I know sodas aren't healthy or good for you but I do so love the taste and slight burn of the ice cold drink sliding down my throat.I will say,I'm not so fond of the occasional hiccups or the unavoidable burps that follow.
As I stated above,I have other guilty pleasures that I won't go into,not that they are too risque or illegal.I just don't care to ....well enough about me.
   What,dear reader are some of your guilty pleasures?Leave a comment. Sometimes admitting indulgences can relieve one of any guilt,if they harbored any guilt at all. See you next time when I intend to write about,well come back and see.

No comments: