Writers aren't exactly people, they're a lot of people trying to be one person. F.Scott Fitzgerald

Sunday, December 5, 2010

And I thought I had my life planned out

        I always thought I would be living on our farm In Rayville,Louisiana. Thought I would get married and work beside my husband,ride horses together,round up the cattle for market,sit and watch the sunset over the trees and grow old together.BOY WAS I WRONG!The man I fell for hated the farm,was scared of the cattle,afraid to ride a horses, and wanted to live in town in an apartment He left me Christmas Eve after six years, with a four year old and pregnant with our second child, for a cute19 yr old he was having an affair with. I was the ripe old age of twenty-three.There I was in Alabama with nowhere to go.My dad sent me a plane ticket to come home.   My considerate spouse gave me a dollar to buy food and drinks for the kids.
       I don't talk about my second husband. Suffice it to say it was a colossal rebound error.
I was married to my third and final husband for twenty three years and had two more children.I thought I would happily spend the rest of my life with him.You guessed it.WRONG! I had two work related injuries and thought it was a great idea to move in with my daughter and son-in law and spend the rest of my life comfortable and secure. WRONG!
      I thought it would be a  great idea to move with them to Alaska for five years or so.WRONG!Now I loved Alaska,but it was sooo expensive to live there and it cost us a bundle to move there and back to the lower forty-eight after only three years.
     Now I am 65 and I thought I finally had a stable home.WRONG! Due to unforeseen circumstances, I can no longer work at my good paying job,the home I am sharing is soon to be gone, and I have backed myself into a corner in Louisiana.I thought I was smarter than this.WRONG!I write Romance Suspense, maybe I will be good enough to be published and have a good career in writing and actually make a living at it.Dear Lord,don't let me be WRONG AGAIN!

No comments: